As far as resolutions go, we’re lukewarm on putting that kind of pressure on ourselves and against a hard date of January 1st. Instead, we choose to ease into the year with an intentional “reset” and make small improvements in areas that make us feel joyful and supported. Unsurprisingly, skincare is an easy and honestly, very fun, place to start. It encompasses self care, daily ritual and moments to remind us that we are worth the time and effort to feel our best every day.
That said, leveling up a skincare regimen to one that feels distinctively fresh and new can be daunting. Thankfully, our resident beauty expert and VP of merchandise, Janelle Freeman has specific product recommendations that are guaranteed to get your new year beauty game off to an incredible start.
Janelle discovers, reviews, vets, tries and approves every brand and product on thirteen lune and has skyrocketed the assortment from just 13 brands to over 160.
Here, she highlights her must-have beauty products by concern to kick start your beauty game in the new year.
SKIN TYPE: DRY
- Relevant Complete Cleansing Serum - If you’ve never tried a cleansing serum, this is your sign to start. It’s lightweight, moisturizing yet completely takes off makeup and dirt in one go. It works beautifully in a simple yet effective routine.
- Biba de Sousa The Plant Stem Cell Serum with Peptides – This serum is great for dry skin, its filled with peptides and hyaluronic acid to help hydrate and plump the skin.
- Rose MD Signature Moisturizer - This everyday cream is perfect for giving skin extra love on a consistent basis. Created by board-certified dermatologist Dr. Rose Ingleton, this hydrating cream contains signal peptides to target visible signs of aging, along with ceramides to repair the skin’s barrier, leaving it feeling smooth and supple without the heaviness.
SKIN TYPE: SENSITIVE
- Holifrog Kissimmee Vitamin F Cleansing Balm - This formula blends together the best moisture-preserving ingredients keeping away from anything that could potentially disrupt the skin barrier and spur on more dryness, including essential oils and sulfates.
- Muri Lelu Bloomrise Sativa Serum - A plant-based blend of active botanicals and essential oils formulated for maximum healing.
- Kadalys Organic Comforting Cream – This cream is clean and vegan with no harsh ingredients and is ideal for sensitive skin, skin is hydrated without feeling heavy.
SKIN TYPE: ACNE PRONE
- The Things We Do Gly Glow Scrub – This cleanser is great for acne prone skin, it has a combination of glycolic and salicylic acid and leaves skin brighter and smoother after use. I love using this head to toe.
- Flora & Noor Earth & Ocean Acne Fighting Mask - Kaolin clay, kelp, aloe, and spirulina come together in this acne-fighting mask to help unclog pores, gently slough away dead skin, absorb excess oil, tone, and calm skin.
- PSA Silver Lining Dioic & Willowhart Clarifying Cream - The moisturizer works to treat and soothe active breakouts, then fades and brightens the appearance of leftover blemish marks, and finally works to prevent future occurrences.
SKIN TYPE: ANTI-AGING
- Stripes Resting Clean Face – Creamy Facial Cleanser - This daily cream cleanser delivers active ceramides to the skin to help retain moisture while boosting overall well-being and comfort. Removes dirt, oil, makeup, and pollution without stripping your skin of natural oils.
- Kumiko Matcha Lift Filler Booster – Wrinkle Lifting Serum – This is a great serum that lifts and firms the skin, it has peptides and Osilift which helps to improve elasticity of the skin.
- Joaquina Botanica Porcelain Cacao + Amino Acids Crema Esencial - This youth-preserving moisturizer provides the ultimate skin replenishment, smoothing the appearance of fine lines and awakening the skin’s natural glow. Peptides and polyphenols from porcelain cacao help protect from the signs of blue light pollution.